Friday, December 25, 2009

Hello and Goodbye Christmas 2009

This is how our Christmas morning started off. After a looongg ride home Christmas Eve due to the inconvenient wonderful Christmas weather we had. We woke up this morning to a blanket of white snow, the sun shining bright and of course my Mom's cinnamon rolls :)

We all got so many goodies! This year Jason and Jenna had the kids so we got to experience Christmas again with kids in the house. They were so funny!! We had a cookie decorating contest, passed out gifts and all must have been very good this year because Santa brought us some very nice presents.
Jordan is such a smart boy. He got lots of games and Lego's from Santa and my parents and immediately went to work to put this together (it was a ship).
Sophia has the prettiest hair of any four year old I know. She is so funny and loves animals! Buddy and Baxter kept her busy :)





This was our feast, I ate WAY to much! We had all the things we like, especially Dave. He told me on the way home how much he appreciates my mother because she cooks all the things he likes (which is almost nothing!) We had ham, turkey, all the fixins' and too many desserts to choose from.
Then it was time to head over to the Petty household for more gifts and fun! We were only missing Chris, Melanie, and Ethan. And the best present of all was having Memaw here visiting us for Christmas!


We are horrible on the Petty side at taking pictures with the adults. We always have pictures of the kids, which is wonderful although like I like to say "we're capturing memories people." We need to have some "memories" of the adults too :) Above is Corey (Dave's little brother), Dave, and CJ (Dave's twin, obviously)


And since Memaw was here we finally took a family photo with all four generations. Memaw is Sherry's mother who lives in Georgia. Above it's (starting from the top left: Bailey, Jenn, Sherry, CJ, Kristen, and Gordon. Memaw in the center, me, Brenna, Braiden, Dave and Corey).
This Christmas I realized two things: the first how much I appreciate my mother/mother-in-law. They both shopped and shopped to get us some of the things we were wanting/needing. I love Christmas, and think I am starting to see the holiday season in a different light the older I get.
The second thing was just how lucky I am. I have two extraordinary families on both sides and we get to see both sides every holiday. I guess there are some benefits to living close to your parents! :)
How 'bout you guys? Was Santa good to you too?!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!! :)