Sunday, May 15, 2011

Just sharing

How I'm doing..........

I never thought going through this would be so emotional and sad. You read all these stories of women going through the process of miscarriage and while you feel for them, you don't really understand it until you are the one experiencing it. I find when I'm surrounded by people, I'm ok. I worked yesterday and it went pretty well considering the circumstances. I think it's just helpful to stay busy and keep my mind on something other than "When will it happen?"

My sister came to stay the night last night. She really just ended up driving over after I had called her when I got off work and all we did was watch a little tv and fall asleep on the couch. It was still helpful though. I went over to my parents between shifts and it felt good to be surrounded with people who loved me. My mom has been just great through this. And sometimes being hugged by your dad is just what you need.

I also got a really sweet message from a friend sharing her experience. I thought it'd be hard to hear stories about other people but I could relate to so many things she shared. And, it made me feel better about the grieving process. It's amazing to me how sad you can be about a baby who hasn't even fully developed or you felt move or anything. My heart really aches for the moms out there who loose their baby or child further along in pregnancy. I couldn't imagine.

As for today, I spent the majority of the day watching bad reality tv and napping. Dave doesn't really nap, his therapy involves work. Crazy man!

He spent his day doing this:


He moved all his "manly" stuff out to the newly decorated garage. I actually prefer it this way. He spends hours out there! He trimmed out the entire back wall of the garage with old fencing. It has a nice cabin feel to it.

And, I love this sign. My mom found it. It's hanging above the door when you walk in. Just a little reminder for him to see every time he comes home. :)

3 comments:

Rachel Moss said...

I agree about Daddy hugs. They still help...even if just for a few moments.

Jon and Valerie said...

I'm so sorry, sweetie... Lots of hugs and prayers being sent for you and Dave!

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

I think you are handling all of this so well, Brooke. I wish I could come down and stay with you myself.

On a very different note, that garage looks absolutely amazing!!!! Dave is a good man with tools! And I do love that sign.

I love you sister!