Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dream Dictionary

So.......I had a very strange dream last night. I woke up this morning in a panic. You know the dreams you have where you know it's not true but you are in the half asleep/half awake state and it takes a minute to know what's real or not? That was me..........and what was my dream you ask?

Well, I was pregnant...6 months to be exact. I woke up and immediately looked down at my stomach to see if I really was pregnant and just hadn't noticed yet. Silly, I know. And I am that girl who has dreams, wakes up and immediately goes to the dream dictionary to look up what it meant. This is what it said:

"To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal."

Interesting. I'm trying to determine what exactly in my life at this moment represents what the all knowing dream dictionary states. My immediate question though is how in the world do the people who "interpret" our dreams know what they mean??

On the subject of pregnancy and kids and all that, my friend Whitney follows this blog. It's all about this couple's struggle to conceive. Sometimes I do wonder if Dave and I will experience problems conceiving. I mean, I am older (as is he) and we haven't ever even had a "scare" or anything close. Sometimes I think what in the world are we waiting for? Why are we so terrified of having a baby (besides the obvious labor (eek!), actually raising it, cost, etc.) I think sometimes I am such a planner that I plan things which really shouldn't be planned......

Or maybe, I just let my dreams get the best of me! :)

4 comments:

Jenna @ Sharing My Jennarocity said...

I am glad you are starting to ask yourself this question: what ARE you waiting for? :-)

Havard Family said...

Adrian bought a dream dictionary when I was pregnant with Faith because I had the WEIRDEST dreams while pregnant! We still have it and from time to time I like to see what they mean. Its funny when my dreams mean something bad I am like "oh this is stupid what does it know?!" Haha

Kristi said...

Funny you had a dream like that last night because I had one like that except someone died. I was so nervous this morning that they had actually died even though I knew it was a dream and was relieved when I got an email from them this morning!! Maybe it's time for you and Dave to start unplanning!! :)

Linda D said...

Dreams freak me out too! I have never heard of the dream dictionary, glad too, because I think I would start to allow myself to believe those things. I hope you arent waiting for a perfect time to have a baby, cause there is none :) I will say that if it is God's will for you to have a baby, no amount of birth control will keep you from it :) We had hannah 10 monhts after we got married....certainly not planned! You will be a great mom, you are more ready than you know. Give your fears to God, who better to go to with that. LOVE YOU!