Thursday, May 20, 2010

Show Us Your Life "Your Home Town"

We live in a small community in the midst of the big city life in a little old state named Texas. Our city is also the "Cement Capital" of Texas (which this actually worries me a bit......) but we didn't think much about it when we bought our house!

This pretty much explains the "picture" of what our small town represents. Now, I am in no way saying everyone who lives in our great city is a cowboy who rides horses but I will say there are many "country folk" who reside here.
The ride home does include many longhorns along the way with a ton of large trees
and country rodes.

One very cool thing our city does is the "Summer Balloon Classic" every June. Dave and I have yet to attend but are hoping to in the future! They have a day balloon lift and then at night there are balloons that glow!! And it's not super expensive so it's a great way to spend a Saturday.


This building is one of the oldest in the city and was built right downtown. We have a little "square" which is really just a street but this is where they hold all of the town events.

I LOVE that our town is still small and I'm hoping (with fingers crossed) it stays this way for quite some time. Only thing with small town life? Sometimes I have to be reminded that things move a little slower than the big cities, but I think that is a good thing. Don't you?


Check out all the other "Show Us Your Life" bloggers at Kelly's Korner.

4 comments:

The world is hers said...

Hi! Visiting from Kelly's Korner, and about to be a new follower... love your blog!

That Balloon Classic looks like so much fun! I'm moving from the Midwest to San Antonio in a couple weeks...I may have to plan a weekend trip to the Dallas area for the Classic!

Beth McC. said...

What a fun post!! I love all your pictures!! Your blog is too cute!Happy Friday!

laura marie said...

Hello! I live in Texas, currently in Austin, and am trying to figure out what town you live in based on what you said about it! What is the name of the town?

Laura=)

Shoshanah said...

I can't say that I've ever lived in a small town. But I do see how it could be a lot of fun! And yes, I found your blog through Kelly's Korner