Saturday, May 1, 2010

Politics and Horses

While I was at a very early work meeting, Dave and his friend Pat went fishing (shocker)! Although, this trip was very successful. He caught a four pound-er and Pat had some luck too. I'm beginning to see a trend with the two of them, they always seem to catch something when they are together.
Heard of this guy? Well, I had the opportunity to hear him speak at a "Meet and Greet" Friday afternoon. I love politics. I like the debate with politics, I enjoy listening to what politicians "want" to say but aren't able too, and I very much enjoy hearing other people's point of view on different political topics. Don't worry, I'm not planning on sharing my political view or what party I "belong" or lean towards. I will say, it's always interesting to do your homework on both candidates for whatever position they are seeking to make sure you know where each stand. Now, if I could just find someone who knows Rick Perry so I can say I have personally heard both candidates speak I would be set.


Friday night Dave and I headed over to Lone Star Park for some country music and horse racing. I'm sad to say we did not become millionaires during our visit. On the contrary, I think Dave and I need a little help with picking the winning horse. It was a bust, but we did have a great time with some of Dave's work friends.



Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far! I am enjoying a quite, lazy evening at home consisting of a little tv and relaxation. As I type this I hear Buddy snoring away in Dave's lap, are we pathetic or what?!

1 comment:

Lyndsey Newton said...

Ahhh..did you see Stoney Larue? What a fun night-I so wanted to go but had other plans. Sorry you didn't win ;)