Thursday, October 14, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

To be honest, I have been in a blog rut for a few weeks now and then I came across this blog and thought I would join in the fun!! Always love something to blog about and I think it's a great idea. You should join in too!

Day 1: introduce, recent picture, and 15 interesting facts

I'm Brooke. I am in my late 20's, I'm married to a wonderful guy, I live in Texas with my family close by and my two awesome dogs. No babies yet, I don't know when that will happen and to be honest, I'm not that worried about it. I have a Bachelor's degree in Management but am currently in a job that doesn't require a degree. Go figure! Ha. I have a twin sister, my husband has a twin brother, I'm expecting my first niece (on my side) close to Thanksgiving, and I come from a family of teachers. My parents rock, I have the best in-laws, and all in all my life is super!

15 interesting facts

#1. Pretty much everyday I watch re-runs of 90210 on the Soap channel either while I'm eating breakfast or getting ready. I've seen every episode about 100 times but for whatever reason, I just can't not watch it. Strange, I know.

#2. I'm addicted to Starbucks.

#3. I love to buy jewelry. My tanning salon sales it and every time I go tan, I literally have to talk myself out of buying something there. Ugh.

#4. I try to watch a little bit of news everyday, simply for the fact that I want to be educated. And know something about what is going on in the world.

#5. I love, love, love Dave Matthews Band. Modern Family. The Office. Friends. Real Housewives of anywhere, and chick flicks of any kind.

#6. I enjoy hunting and fishing. I have my own shot gun, three fishing poles, and if I'm lucky my husband will let me tag along to go fish with him! :)

#7. My favorite colors are brown and green.

#8. I make pancakes every Sunday morning. It's become a tradition since we've been married. We should start a tradition called "going to church" and I do, sometimes. We're bad, I know.

#9. I absolutely love where we live. We have a great neighbors, I love how we are close to big cities but still feel like we are in a small town.

#10. I went to Stephen F. Austin University my first year of college and we made it into the SFA catalogue for incoming freshman. My dad still has it.

#11. I was "Kid of 2000" in my class. What that meant for me was, I got to go to lots of fun things throughout my school life. We buried a time capsule when I was in kindergarden with the other children chosen and then since we were the "Class of the Millennium" we dug it up the year we graduated. Don't ask me what I put it in there, I don't remember. HA!

#12. I love to shop with my mom. I never thought I would say that considering when we were younger we weren't fans of all the things she liked to do but that changes with age. We go to lots of fun places!

#13. Two of my favorite famous people are Bethany Frankel and Tori Spelling.

#14. At some point in my life, I would love to visit Germany.

#15. We got married on the first of November, which meant we had our rehearsal on Halloween. So, everyone dressed up and it was too cute! The week before was my bachelorette party and while we were out a group of dancers performed "Thriller". It was awesome! One of my favorite memories of all time!

Stay tuned for more 30 Day Blog Challenge topics! I'm excited!!

1 comment:

Ashley Michelle said...

love this idea... I've been in a bloggy rut too! Might have to steal this :)