Monday, October 25, 2010

Ramblings

Sometimes life is hard.

Over the past few weeks, days especially, I have reflected on several things in my life.

We have a girl at work, who last week, was telling everyone how lucky and grateful she felt because she has such great parents. Really, I'm not lying. This girl is just like that. So positive and so genuine. This was on a Wednesday and the very next day we got a phone call from her. "I'm headed to Kentucky because my dad was rushed to the hospital. I don't have details, I'll call when I do."

We heard back the day after and her father had a double stroke and immediately was rushed into brain surgery. He is stable but unconscious and it has now become a waiting game.

I find it inspiring that with everything this family has been through (and it's alot), she is still so faithful and so encouraging. She is so positive. And then I look to myself and know I wouldn't be like her in a situation like that.

I think the blog world is interesting. We, as readers and followers of some very popular blogs, find daily stories of tragedy and mishaps. Sometimes, to be honest, I have to turn it off. Turn off the computers, disregard the pictures, and just be. Ignore it. Because it makes me sad. It makes feel guilty.

I have such a wonderful life. With that said, it's a season; a good season. We all have bad seasons, hard times in life. I'm no exception. There will be a day something tragic happens to me or my loved one, there will be a day I'm utterly depressed about an event taking place in my life, there will be a day I feel helpless and hopeless.

But, I hope with all sincerity, I can rejoice in my faith and love and know that with every bad season comes another good one. That with every job loss there is a job offer. That with every heartache there comes joy.

....................I'm just thinking and praying for those in my life who are experiencing a hard time right now and thankful for the many blessings I have in my life today.

No comments: