Saturday, October 30, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 19 & 20

Is anyone else excited that it is finally starting to feel like fall?! It was actually cold last night while we were out and about.

Dave and I are celebrating our two year anniversary this weekend, kind of just doing some random things here and there. I really want to get motivated and drive to Canton for a bit but I think we will do something else instead. Canton is more of a girl's trip.

Only other thing.........."Let's go Rangers!!!!" I sincerely hope they bring their game tonight. I'm highly disappointed in their performance through the first two games. BUT, I'm optimistic they will get it together.

Day 20: Nicknames

Brook-ie-what my parents/in laws call me
Brooklynn-People from work call me this
Pookie-Dave
Burke-this is another nickname from work. This older regular I guess thinks my name is Burke and is always calling me that. So, to poke fun, some of the bar team call me that too. It's actually kind of funny and I don't have to heart to continue correcting him.

Day 19: Something You Miss


I miss my grandparents terribly. My Mimi and Pappaw were the best grandparents ever. I miss visiting their house, Pappaw hugging me with his scratchy beard, and Mimi's cooking.

I miss the carefree days in my younger years. Not having to worry about bills, work, etc. Although, I would never trade my life now but it was nice to just have fun and just be.

I miss some of my friends. The older we get, the harder it is to stay in touch and see each other.

I miss new episodes of Friends.

I miss being able to eat whatever I want at any time of the day and not gain weight. Now I eat one Reese's Peanut Butter cup and I have to run an extra half mile. Geez.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

great post! I, too, miss the carefree days that youth held; and lol at you for posting friends episodes haha. I miss those too.
new follower, here :)
((hugs))
Sarah @ ButterflyChic

BARBIE said...

Pookie is a cute nickname! I too miss eating anything I want and not gaining weight. I gain weight just by looking at food!