Monday, October 18, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 4-5

So I decided to combined the sibling/parent days....they're all family, might as well :)

Day 5: Your Siblings

I have a twin who's name is Leslie. Thank the Lord my parents didn't name us anything like "Candy and Mandy". I think that's part of the reason why I like being a twin, HA!

Leslie and I are very similar in that we have almost the same taste in everything! Clothes, hair, nails, likes/dislikes, food........our taste in men is quite different though. She goes for the outgoing, loud type while I stick to the manly man. We shared a room until we were twenty and then she returned to SFA and left me lonely at my parents. When she moved back, we lived together until Dave and I got engaged. The best roommates are family because no matter how many fights you get into, you're still friends! Well, for Leslie and I it worked out great.

She lives pretty close to me which is great but just got promoted to a job that has her traveling a lot! She is my bestest friend in the whole wide world and I don't know what I would do without her!
Jenna is my older sister and you can check out her blog right here.

My sister is probably the most outgoing, witty person I have ever met. She controls a room when she enters and has a very "Entertainer" personality. She is one of the funniest people I know, we have had some awesome times together (none of which I will share on this blog or tell my niece once she gets old enough, tee hee), and my oldest memory of her is how she used to watch tv out of the corner of her eye.

Her and her hubby married in March and are expecting their third child at the end of November (he has two already who are super cute!). They live about an hour away from us so we don't see them too much anymore. :(


Day 4: Your Parents

My parents are two of the best people I know.

They are both retired (uber jealous) from 30+ years in the education field. My mom doesn't really know how to retire since she still holds two different jobs! My dad is involved in several different things as well so in his spare time he loves to play golf, watch golf, buy golf stuff (finding a trend?). HA! They live in the same house we grew up in, which I think is pretty cool, although it looks totally different from when we were there. My old room was turned into a home theatre room! Go figure.

My mom is one of the most creative people I know and you can tell because everyone asks her help to decorate for all sorts of occasions. She is an awesome shopper and gift giver, does it right on the holidays, is a champion baker, and very "trendy" mom.

My dad loves dry humor, is a very laid back kind of a guy, he is a Yankee (but a cool one!), and used to be a coach. Leslie said yesterday that "Coach" would have been a cool thing for the grand kids to call him. I have to agree. One of my favorite things to do is sit and watch TV with him......sounds funny but we like most of the same shows.

There you have it. My family is pretty small but it's slowly growing.......one new
member at a time.

No comments: