Saturday, November 13, 2010

Couple's Shower

I went to the last shower for Jenna and Avery before Avery's arrival and it was a blast. The "Hood" threw this shower, which always makes for a great time! My parents, like myself, live in a great neighborhood with an awesome group of people. They named themselves the "Hood" several years ago and it just kind of stuck.

We ate............
And played games..............and celebrated all the babies!
How awesome is this cake?!!! One of my friend's girlfriend made this cake. It was strawberry and oh so yummy!!!

Since it was a couple's shower, all the men were invited forced to come. Three of the "Hood" kids are expecting. Can you believe that? Above is Jay, Christina, Jason, Jenna, Cory and Meredith. Jay and Meredith are siblings and both having boys. So much fun!

Probably the best baby game. Ever. They made these head pieces with each babies' name on them and the mom's had to feed them applesauce blindfolded. It was so funny. Applesauce was everywhere and we were all dying. Might be the most entertaining thing to watch in the entire world. I highly recommend it to anyone who might be throwing a couple's shower.

This rocking chair is awesome! It's a "learning" horse. There are buttons on his head that sing about shapes, letters, and sounds. Such a great gift!
I have very found memories of "Hood" get together's. They are always so much fun and even more fun now that we are older. It's so enlightening to hang out with your parents as adults. You realize how funny they are and how your parents might just possibly be real people with real personalities.

So, now it becomes a waiting game for little Miss Avery to arrive. I'm hoping she decides to come on one of my days off, otherwise, I'll be trouble! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like a blast! And that cake is most awesome! And I love your new look; you wear it well :)