Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Reflection, Lists, and Breakfast

Wow. Can you believe what is happening right now in the country? Is anyone watching the President's speech? My oh my. This country is definitely in the middle of "change". Why is it no politician can answer a question with a direct answer? Defeats the purpose of news reporting and interviews if no one gives actual information (Republican or Democrat). And I can say stuff about what is going on with the government because I took part of voted! YAY! Go me. And, that's all I'll say about that.

I woke up this morning to this written on my chalkboard in the kitchen:

I work four nights a week, which means, Dave is on his own for dinner. I've tried making dinner for him and freezing it but yeah that does not work in the Petty house. So, I try to buy things he will eat. Although, if anyone knows my husband........he isn't the easiest person to grocery shop for.

I started buying non-fat milk because it's healthier and I actually can't tell the difference. I don't drink milk though, only in my cereal or coffee. Obviously, Dave isn't thrilled about that one. I like his "compromise" idea. I think I can do 1% :)

I've also had many questions about how I lost weight. Honestly, it's really easy. You just have to be dedicated. And I'm still no where were I want to be, but I'm close.

This is typically what I eat for breakfast. A 110 calorie bagel with a little low fat butter, egg white omelet with a little cheese and turkey, and if I'm being good black coffee or low calorie orange juice. (Yes, I did go to Starbucks this morning though. HA!)

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It jump kicks your metabolism for the day and also helps for better eating habits throughout the day. So, if you aren't eating breakfast, start!

I only work out 3-4 times a week. What you eat is the majority of how your body looks. You can work out everyday but if you are eating a burger and fries 4 times a week, your body will not be what you want it to be.

Hope that helps! By the way, I am in no way certified in dieting habits or nutrition. This is just what works for me and what I've learned through a little research.