Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mama's Song

I just love this song. I wish she had come out with it when I got married.

Lately, I have been so thankful for my mom. The older I get, the more I learn about her and the more and more I get a glimpse as to how hard being a parent can be. I've thankful for my mom's ability to serve others and being a great example of how serving other's can benefit your own life.

I remember when I got married, I was so happy. Although, part of me felt guilty, like I was leaving my parents behind and starting this whole new life. Slowly, I began to understand that even though you do start a new family when you get married, they are still a huge part of who we are and a great explanation as to why we are the way we are.

I love that Carrie named this Mama's Song.

Mom,

Even though I'm married off and turned into a "wife", I hope you know how much I love you and how much you mean to me. You're my best shopping bud, my friend, but best of all, my Mommy.

Today, I am thankful for you.

-Brooke-

No comments: