Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Five

1. I must say, yesterday was one of the worst days at work.......ever. It's amazing that we were offering 50% off for all Veterans and active military and I spent the first hour at work apologizing for not a) giving free entrees b) feeding every family member who also decided they should eat for free with their Veteran family member. Ahhhh. I literally wanted to cry by the end of the shift last night. I was emotionally exhausted.

2. Dave and I got some really great news yesterday and I couldn't help but give thanks to God. Long story short, we were told he would be loosing part of his "pay" at work but low and behold, he didn't. Thank the Lord!

3. We are watching my sister's dog for her while she is out of town on business. I love my little nephew dog, although he likes to snuggle a little too much for me. I've learned to sleep on the very edge of my bed without falling off the past two nights.

4. Is anyone else going to watch Sarah Palin's Alaska? I think I am.

5. It's finally getting cold here! Well, maybe I should rephrase. A cold front came through and now it's very cool outside. I'm loving it. I made taco soup tonight simply for the fact that it felt appropriate.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Well #3 just solved the mystery of why Nutmeg has been barking like crazy tonight!

Nikki McCallum said...

I love your new background, Brooke! Very cute!

Hall Around Texas said...

Who made your new layout? Love it!